Journalism & Entertainment From Farmington High School

BKTV Studios

BKTV Studios

BKTV Studios

Jontay Porter tears ACL, MCL in a scrimmage

Written By: Issac Tinnin      10-30-18
     Missouri’s sophomore men’s basketball player Jontay Porter is out for the season with a  tear in his ACL and MCL at a secret scrimmage while they were playing Southern Illinois on October 21, 2018.  
Porter went to the 2018 NBA combine this spring but decided he was gonna stay at Mizzou for his sophomore year. Porter participated in the Mizzou Madness event, the day before he tore his ACL and MCL, and showed great athleticism for the 10 minute scrimmage.
Alex Schiffer and Peter Baugh explain how the incident happened,  “A source who saw it happen said the injury on Sunday occurred while Porter was driving to the basket. A defender reached for the ball from behind him and caught his right arm. Porter fell backward with his right leg planted on the court and his left in midair. His right knee buckled and folded.”
All the Porter’s including Jontay’s two sisters and brother, have all had injuries through there basketball careers. Jontay’s two sisters had to retire from college basketball because of knee injuries.
Jontay Porter is out for the rest of the season but was projected a top 10 pick in the 2019 NBA draft. Jontay is either going to go to the draft or become a redshirt sophomore and try and come back and be a top 10 pick once again.
https://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/sec/university-of-missouri/article220418975.html