Journalism & Entertainment From Farmington High School

BKTV Studios

BKTV Studios

BKTV Studios

FHS Cheerleaders Heading to State

The Farmington High school cheerleaders are on their way to state. So I interviewed a cheerleader, Maggie Beard, a sophomore at FHS to get more information on how she feels about it.

“The most stressful thing about going to state is wanting everything to hit and be perfect,” said Beard. “It is also very stressful to focus on cheer and grades.”

A lot of athletes struggle with and relate to, but despite the stress Maggie and her teammates are looking onward to showing their hard work and competing against other great cheerleading squads.

“I’m most excited to make memories with my teammates and to see how we do.”

As far as the routine goes, there are some difficult parts. Maggie says her favorite part is,”a 360 arabesque baja.”

“I think the cheerleaders could work on hitting stunts.” When asked about how the team has progressed this year, Beard said “I think we have improved very much!”

So make sure to support your fellow cheerleaders going to state December 9th at Southeast Missouri State University in Cape Girardeau.