Journalism & Entertainment From Farmington High School

BKTV Studios

BKTV Studios

BKTV Studios

Godly Girls Gathering

Godly Girls Gathering is a newer club at Farmington High School. They are a group of girls who all share the same goal in life: to Live for God! There are around 35-40 girls consistently involved and they meet every Friday and some other days for small groups. Any girl interested can join at any time just show up at the meetings! Niyah Hayward and Clarah Wilkins are the leaders for the club with Mrs. Marler as the sponsor.

Clarah originally had the idea to host an event called Godly Girls Gathering. Unfortunately, this event did not end up working out. Niyah and Clarah got together and decided to make a school club instead of doing the event.

Niyah says “One day God put it to my heart to reach out to her about it and see if she needed any help rescheduling it and making it work. We decided that maybe a school club would be a better option for it”

Niyah and Clarah want to give girls a place where they can create bonds through studying the bible. They feel it gives girls a good group of girls who they can be themselves.

Niyah says “The main focus of Godly Girls Gathering is to grow closer to each other through reading the word and serving our community. We want to provide girls with a good group of loving, kind women who they know will always be there for them!”

The club participates in many service events including visiting nursing homes, purchasing Christmas presents, for those residents, and working the skating rink to donate the money to a local church. They also host many fun events such as bonfires, the Christmas party, and a charcuterie board night they had over the summer, and these things are all Christ-centered!
    Both Alexis Cassimatis and Myranda Hale are members of Godly Girls and they both agree that their favorite events have been the bonfire and the Christmas party.

Alexis and Myranda also feel that being involved with this club has positively impacted them in many ways.

Alexis says “While being involved with Godly girls I’ve gotten closer to God and have just generally been happier.”

Myranda stated “ I love being around this group of girls. They have really helped me grow my relationship with God and with others”

Niyah would like to give some advice to people who are struggling to find God in their lives.
    “If I could give any piece of advice to a girl struggling to find God, I would tell her that He is always there. Life is hard when you’re distracted by the mistakes you made in the past and the anxiety you have about the future, but God is right here with you in the present. The thing about Jesus is that He will quietly sit beside you, waiting for you to SEEK HIM!!
    “But if from there you seek the Lord your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul.”
    – ‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭4‬:‭29‬ ‭NIV‬‬
    The bible says that if we seek the Lord we will find Him. So read your bible and get involved in a good group of people seeking Him too!”

]