Trunk or Treat at FHS

Elementary school children attend the Trunk or Treat event at Church Street Elementary School where 3d MCDS Soldiers, members of the Fire Department and Riverdale Police Department hand out candy.

Here at Farmington High School, the Trunk-or-Treat event starts every year on Halloween night at four o’clock and ends at six. Trunk-or-Treat is a nationwide event that happens every year on or around October 31st. Adults come together, typically at a school or a church, with the trunks of their cars decorated Halloween themed and loaded up with candy. Once the Trunk-or-Treat event starts, children of all ages are allowed to come to the decorated cars and “Trunk or Treat” for candy. Trunk-or-Treat at the Farmington High School is an entertaining and safe place for children in the community to trick-or-treat for candy. It is controlled by students that are associated with different clubs. Each club or organization has its own station to work\; some stations have games, some have face paintings, and others have decorated the trunks of their cars and pass out candy.
According to Erica Dement, the Farmington High School got involved with the Trunk-or-Treat event because she and her JAG (Job’s for America’s Graduates) wanted to establish a service event for the community. The first idea they had come up with was one that the community had nothing like, Trunk-or-Treat.
A few students that have worked the Trunk-or-Treat event have agreed that it is an enjoyable and safe way for children of all ages to trick-or-treat for candy.