Habitat For Humanity

Habitat for Humanity is a non-governmental and non-profit organization that is nationwide. This organization helps with families in need of decent homes and homes that are affordable for them. According to the Habitat for Humanity website, the organization builds houses for the families who are in desperate need and then pay a cheap or affordable mortgage for them.

Recently, the Farmington High School has gotten involved with the Habitat for Humanity organization. 2018 was the first year that the Farmington High School started to get involved in helping out with building homes for families in need. This year, you don’t have to be in a certain club, activity, or a sports team to be able to go and participate in the house building. The organization takes place every Monday, and every seminar class is scheduled for one Monday per month to go. According to Dr. Brian Reeves, this is a way for every FHS student and faculty member to be able to participate in the project without having to be in a certain club or on a sports team.

it is an amazing opportunity to help others,

I talked to some students about their experience participating in the organization. Many of them said that they felt that the Habitat for Humanity organization is very beneficial to the community, and it shows students why community service is so important. They recommend everyone go for the new experience, and because the students said that they didn’t expect the house to be so well done, and yet they were astonished by the fruit of their labors.

There are different seminar teachers who have also participated agree with the students. They believe that Habitat for Humanity is a great and effective way of helping others and the community and that it is great for students and teachers to come together and work on the goal.